Valerian Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Beware the troll
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Wed May 10, 2017 11:53 pm by Trinity

» December to remember 2013.
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am by MrBrewskee

» Any idea or suggestion?
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

» Official SKAAR Help Thread
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am by Helas007

» Official ALPHA BAHAMUT Help Thread
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 am by Helas007

» Restaurant Day Wroclaw
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am by Helas007

» The King Maker
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am by Helas007

» Festival Games
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am by Helas007

» Purchase Links for Generals from the Oracle
Chaining? (VK policy) I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am by Helas007

Any idea or suggestion?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

I am Helas, I don't know is this is a correct place to post my question here.

I am in Ontario, Canada and living here in a rental apartment. I am looking for a good place to build my new home. If anyone here from Canada please give me any suggestion. Thanks.

Home Builders in Brisbane

Comments: 0

My Little Intro.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm by Helas007

Hello to all,
         I'm new here at this community. I learned about this from a friend. I think I needed to let out my feelings and I hope a lot here can help me out so I joined this community. I hope it will be nice to meet you all. Thanks.

Comments: 0

Death of MSCA???

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 am by MrBrewskee

Good day friends this is your ever loving Mr.Brewskee. The end of the year is drawing to a close. Very Happy Very Happy I have heard rumors that myspace is rolling out with a new format and myspace castle age may die as a result. Most members already know of the lack of support from phoenix age to update code and add new content. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I really think this might be the end of MSCA. If thats the case …

Comments: 2

Magical Monster List site Down?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 am by The Sandmann

Does anyone know if we have an alternate Magical Monster list? When I access the multi-url Magical Monster list I get the "account has been suspended" page. If someone has suggestions I am all ears, I dont want to start any monsters if I cant list them.

Comments: 7

Greetings VK

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:19 am by kobo

Kobo here, moving in. G'day DoR, VK and everyone! You can come back and play it now Very Happy

I need to get an add link sorted. I'll have a read around and see what info I can pick up. I do have the links from DoR's sig on the other forums. If there's anything I need to know please hook me up with a link etc.

Cheers.

Comments: 3

Slow Kills

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm by The Great Rider

hey folks I'd like to slow kill Matthew's War of the Red Plains. can you remove the click link plz so I can get more dmg in

Comments: 3

So I just started a CA account of Facebook...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm by Castel

just to kill time while my main toon's on MSpace take time to reload on stamina and energy.

Those bastards have greater content, easier gifting(and more of them), the gobbo emporium and other general guffery.
Still, I like the M_ one better for some reason, most likely due to the VK community.

Do any other VK'ers have accounts over there? I could not find any VK group. If I got any interest for …

Comments: 13

hall of stupid questions.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 am by grim29

where do i find zarevok's sword?

do you get battle points from raids?

anyone else feel free to ask questions. and thank you before hand to those that answer our questions.

Comments: 79

cant access MOB lists

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am by bogrog

You don't have permission to access /l/29H on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comments: 1

Chaining? (VK policy)

+7
Mike tC
BrotherFox
[VK] Yooper {CA}
Dave O
Trinity
[VK] angryernie
Death of Rats
11 posters

Go down

Chaining? (VK policy) Empty Chaining? (VK policy)

Post  Death of Rats Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:53 pm

First, I want to state that VK is not going to have Hitlists, nor will we have exact rules for PvP play. However, it is important that we provide insight and help with matters involving PvP play which does include basic guidelines. Probably the biggest issue in PvP is chaining.

What is chaining?
This is something that has been under debate for some time, and will likely never have an exact answer. For some, anything more than 3 hits in a row is chaining. For others it is 5. While still others think it's okay to hit until all health is depleted and still not be guilty of chaining.

However, despite disagreement on an exact quantity of hits, most players can agree that chaining is abusive when repeated frequently over a short duration of time.

By VK's first Code, we do not believe that bullying is an appropriate way to play. Therefore, I encourage all players to speak up when they are being abused. This goes for VKs being attacked or for others being attacked by VKs. A great place to start is by messaging your attacker. They may be chaining you for a misunderstanding or for tagging a monster. If you receive no response, get group admins involved. VKs ranked Lord/Lady or higher are experienced players who can help mediate.

Some hits are to be expected. This is a PvP game, and we cannot expect to rank up in PvP without others attacking us. However, abusive behavior can ruin gameplay, so please speak up and do not let wounds fester.
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

http://www.valerianknights.com

Back to top Go down

Chaining? (VK policy) Empty Chaining

Post  [VK] angryernie Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Well as long as u don't hit me with a chain we r OK and of u do expect retribution
[VK] angryernie
[VK] angryernie
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Chaining? (VK policy) Empty Re: Chaining? (VK policy)

Post  Trinity Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Death of Rats wrote:A great place to start is by messaging your attacker. They may be chaining you for a misunderstanding or for tagging a monster. If you receive no response, get group admins involved. VKs ranked Lord/Lady or higher are experienced players who can help mediate.

Thank you for the policy DoR. I could not agree more that talking to people in a civil way is the most important thing. I probably chain more than any two other VK players combined. I am a PvP player; I get my experience points by doing about 300-400 PvP attacks a day. I am not looking for any battle points for the next 100 levels, so chaining (10 attacks or more at once) is just laziness on my part most of the time. I'll avoid it in the future.

When I find someone I am interested in for PvP, I usually do 6 attacks, three duels, then three invades. First duel with Penelope, then Kataan, then Edea. First invade with Scarlett, then Kaylen, then Suri. If I lose any of those, I try with Chase and Keira. I then record all this in a spreadsheet I use to track other players.

If the chainee complains to me or just asks, I tell them that I APPROVE ALL FRIEND REQUESTS EVERY TIME. Just friend me and gift me, and you are off my battle page forever since I HAVE NEVER KICKED ANYONE OUT OF MY ARMY, even though it limits my targets.

I also have a battle point piñata so they can get battle points back if they can't handle my main. If there are any disputes between any players about battle points, please feel free to recommend they hit my piñata as part of the peace process.

Ric

Trinity
Trinity
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave O Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Yes, the definition of "chaining" is very subjective and varies between parties.

I completely understand attacking another player until they are "dead or too weak to battle" -- that is all part of the game. But ... I think the line gets drawn when the same player is doing this to the same target more than once per day (24 hours) -- at that point, the target's ability to play (and enjoy) the game is seriously impacted.

Drill me into the ground once and leave me alone for a day ... yep, I'm pissed -- but I can heal back up and keep playing. Hunt me down every time I log on ... now I'm going to start complaining. But that is just me.
Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Chaining? (VK policy) Empty Raid chains???

Post  [VK] Yooper {CA} Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:42 am

when you are doing a Deathruin Raid, are your hits. actually hitting the person you attack, or is that a computer generated hit that doesnt actually hit the person. Sometimse the way they put the atacks you only have one good person to hit without losing the raid. which means you have to chain hit the same soldier until they give you a new one.
[VK] Yooper {CA}
[VK] Yooper {CA}

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinity Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 am

Yooper wrote:when you are doing a Deathruin Raid, are your hits. actually hitting the person you attack, or is that a computer generated hit that doesnt actually hit the person.
Short answer--NO IT DOES NOT.

I think The Deathrune Siege should be renamed to CLONE WARS because you are not actually fighting players, you are fighting slightly weakened clones of real players. The players you defeat never know you hit their clone.

A word of warning---I have fought a player in DRS and beaten their clone 12 out of 12 times, and when I came out of DRS and fought the "real" character, I only beat them 4 of 12 times. If you lose in DRS, you will lose to the "real" player, but if you win in DRS, it does not mean you will win outside DRS.

Ric
Trinity
Trinity
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Yooper {CA} Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Trinity wrote:
Yooper wrote:when you are doing a Deathruin Raid, are your hits. actually hitting the person you attack, or is that a computer generated hit that doesnt actually hit the person.
Short answer--NO IT DOES NOT.

I think The Deathrune Siege should be renamed to CLONE WARS because you are not actually fighting players, you are fighting slightly weakened clones of real players. The players you defeat never know you hit their clone.

A word of warning---I have fought a player in DRS and beaten their clone 12 out of 12 times, and when I came out of DRS and fought the "real" character, I only beat them 4 of 12 times. If you lose in DRS, you will lose to the "real" player, but if you win in DRS, it does not mean you will win outside DRS.

Ric

Thank you
[VK] Yooper {CA}
[VK] Yooper {CA}

Back to top Go down

Post  BrotherFox Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 pm

I think anyone with a VK tag might be subject to targeted attacks. Perhaps it's just me though? There's a player named technojedi who piles on me every chance they get.

Not a complaint, in particular. Just something folks might want to be aware of. Smile

Best

Pete

BrotherFox
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

http://www.ravenchilde.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinity Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:37 am

BrotherFox wrote:I think anyone with a VK tag might be subject to targeted attacks. Perhaps it's just me though? There's a player named technojedi......
Did you message the player and ask why they chained you? I don't know any of the details, but I know that you may be paying for someone else's actions..It has happened before.

I am always curious when I see a level 500+ player chaining (more than 15 attacks in a row) a level 140 player for no battle points and no demi points. Why did he do that? Doesn't he realize that the level 140 player will now extract payment from someone else? I am even more surprised when a level 300-400 player with a high battle rank attacks a level 140 player with a low bettle rank and loses. What did they do so wrong that they can't beat a player 200 levels and 5 ranks below them?

Anyway, back to the subject. I know a little about PvP. I can usually solve problems if they are about battle points. If that is the case, let me know if I can help.

Ric
Trinity
Trinity
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  BrotherFox Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:51 am

Trinity wrote:
BrotherFox wrote:I think anyone with a VK tag might be subject to targeted attacks. Perhaps it's just me though? There's a player named technojedi......
Did you message the player and ask why they chained you? I don't know any of the details, but I know that you may be paying for someone else's actions..It has happened before.

No. I didn't message them. It wasn't really all that big a deal. Just thought I'd bring it up as a just in case. There's a couple of folks I've noticed leaving snarky messages about how they are going after VK folks now they have a bajillion battle levels.

I've noted that this person does their attacking at the same time of day near enough. Just have to avoid being on that part of the day it appears and I can avoid it.

I really don't engage much in the PvP bit. The majority of my battle victories have come from Raids. Seems the best way to accomplish several things at once. Even when I attack someone in battles, its never more than 5 hits. Smile

BrotherFox
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

http://www.ravenchilde.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike tC Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 pm

I always try to go by the "golden rule"... do unto others blah blah blah

I'm not going to go out and hit someone X amount of times if that same treatment would irk me. Like BrotherFox, I tend to keep most of my hits to the raids. I get my demi points and don't hurt anyone in the process. Smile

However, if I do go to the Battle page, I just tweak the demi points to the one(s) I need so I don't have to hit the same person over and over to get them. It's actually the same process I use in the raids. Every hit in the raids is the exact demi point I need/want!
Mike tC
Mike tC
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

http://www.myspace.com/waterdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:35 pm

On FB I have a 5 hit guideline on people I find n the battle list. On MS, do 3. Why the difference. On FB, I am hitting my peers in level. On MS, I have to reach down, so to not seem a bully, I only hit 3 times at once. Hopefully I don't accidentally hit the same person twice in one day, but if I do, then they have only been hit 6 times, so hopefully it still isn't viewed as bullying.

As a key representative of VK, I don't want people thinking we're a bunch of hooligans. Very Happy
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

http://www.valerianknights.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave O Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:28 am

Death of Rats wrote:On FB I have a 5 hit guideline on people I find n the battle list. On MS, do 3. Why the difference. On FB, I am hitting my peers in level. On MS, I have to reach down, so to not seem a bully, I only hit 3 times at once. Hopefully I don't accidentally hit the same person twice in one day, but if I do, then they have only been hit 6 times, so hopefully it still isn't viewed as bullying.

As a key representative of VK, I don't want people thinking we're a bunch of hooligans. Very Happy

oh ... I hit for 5 -- because I am lazy? Also it is so hard to find a target. I am lucky to get my 50 demi points in every day -- always some color that I can't seem to find....

I DO try not to hit the same folks twice in a single day (or even everyday for that matter) -- but after a while it gets more difficult as the same names keep appearing and often the target is "too weak to fight."

But -- if anyone who reads this thinks that I am "targeting" them -- all they need to do is send a friend request -- while I DO remove army members who are NOT friends; I DO NOT remove army members who ARE friends (except temporarily for special PvMvP events and such). Cheers. Dave O
Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinity Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

I have been chaining more lately. It is not just laziness on my part. When I go to the battle page, there are so many players who are dead or too weak to fight, that I am limited to attacking the live ones more than I would like. I am trying to make sure I don't do it more than once a day to anyone. There is nothing personal about it. Because of my unusual build, I MUST PvP to get the experience I need to to level up. Attacking monsters and doing raids will not give me as much experience as winning battles.

I still accept all friend requests, and I have never kicked anyone out of my army. If I chained you and you want me to stop, just click on the link below. It will immediately put you in my army and off my battle page. Please follow it up with a friend request.

http://www.myspace.com/games/play/183136?pm_cmp=mdp_183136_Activity_UserHome2&autoInitiateInstall=true&appParams={%22sb_url%22:%22party.php%22,%22twt%22:%22jneg%22,%22user%22:%2288389753%22,%22lka%22:%2288389753%22}
Trinity
Trinity
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger The Hutt Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:06 am

I agree that talking calmly and in a civilised manner is the best advice to work things out.

For me - swearing at me, calling me names etc is a red rag to a bull... Twisted Evil Most of the time I'm a bottom lurker and just occasionally I'll go on a rampage to stir things up a bit before sinking to the bottom again - This morning's was fun... some 200 bp's off some unsuspecting 300's. Laughing

Right anyway... ATM is open still... keep link should still be working in my thread... Very Happy

Ginger The Hutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinity Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:48 am

I have decided that I am not a chainer. I have come to this conclusion by finally deciding what my definition of what chaining is, and is not. Chaining is INTENTIONALLY making the game unpleasant for other players by repeatedly attacking them without any cause or reason. For example:
Attacking a player because they did more damage to the party than the monster is simply educational.
Attacking a player because they ignored the instructions or limits on my monster is also educational.
Attacking a player for rude comments or hate-mail is also educational.
Attacking a player who has reached a battle rank they can not defend is also educational.

and finally......

Attacking a player until they are dead, for battle points or experience points, is not chaining. It is simply battling. It is one of only three ways to advance that are designed into the game. Asking players to ignore battling is just as foolish as asking them to ignore monster hunting or to ignore questing. On MSCA, battling is even more important than on FBCA because we have market items that give is zero stamina attacks and they do not.

So......what PvP is not acceptable to me?
High level players attacking players below the gauntlet (level 140) for battle points is not acceptable unless they are pinatas.
Attacking other players for battle points and then habitually hiding so they can't attack back is not acceptable.
Using low ranking alts to chain a player under 10 health so they can't get battle points from bounces is not acceptable.
Intentionally making the game unpleasant for other players without cause is not acceptable.

I am sure I left stuff off, but the gist should be clear.

Trinity
Trinity
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinity Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:56 am

Getting chained and don't want to message the person and find out why they are doing it? Try this for relief. Also notice the other song that was on the flip side of the 45.
Trinity
Trinity
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrewskee Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:48 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
MrBrewskee
MrBrewskee
VKeg
VKeg

Back to top Go down

Chaining? (VK policy) Empty i see your sam and freddie and raise you aretha

Post  Mikel Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Mikel
Mikel
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Chaining? (VK policy) Empty all in lol

Post  fred1flores Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

I chained my alt (FReddie aka fredII) and will use fredIII to chain fredII and then chain each other to the top. Fred II & III are open season to all (easy kills).
fred1flores
fred1flores
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down