Valerian Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Beware the troll
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Wed May 10, 2017 11:53 pm by Trinity

» December to remember 2013.
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am by MrBrewskee

» Any idea or suggestion?
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

» Official SKAAR Help Thread
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am by Helas007

» Official ALPHA BAHAMUT Help Thread
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 am by Helas007

» Restaurant Day Wroclaw
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am by Helas007

» The King Maker
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am by Helas007

» Festival Games
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am by Helas007

» Purchase Links for Generals from the Oracle
Account hacked, trying to figure it out I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am by Helas007

Any idea or suggestion?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

I am Helas, I don't know is this is a correct place to post my question here.

I am in Ontario, Canada and living here in a rental apartment. I am looking for a good place to build my new home. If anyone here from Canada please give me any suggestion. Thanks.

Home Builders in Brisbane

Comments: 0

My Little Intro.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm by Helas007

Hello to all,
         I'm new here at this community. I learned about this from a friend. I think I needed to let out my feelings and I hope a lot here can help me out so I joined this community. I hope it will be nice to meet you all. Thanks.

Comments: 0

Death of MSCA???

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 am by MrBrewskee

Good day friends this is your ever loving Mr.Brewskee. The end of the year is drawing to a close. Very Happy Very Happy I have heard rumors that myspace is rolling out with a new format and myspace castle age may die as a result. Most members already know of the lack of support from phoenix age to update code and add new content. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I really think this might be the end of MSCA. If thats the case …

Comments: 2

Magical Monster List site Down?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 am by The Sandmann

Does anyone know if we have an alternate Magical Monster list? When I access the multi-url Magical Monster list I get the "account has been suspended" page. If someone has suggestions I am all ears, I dont want to start any monsters if I cant list them.

Comments: 7

Greetings VK

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:19 am by kobo

Kobo here, moving in. G'day DoR, VK and everyone! You can come back and play it now Very Happy

I need to get an add link sorted. I'll have a read around and see what info I can pick up. I do have the links from DoR's sig on the other forums. If there's anything I need to know please hook me up with a link etc.

Cheers.

Comments: 3

Slow Kills

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm by The Great Rider

hey folks I'd like to slow kill Matthew's War of the Red Plains. can you remove the click link plz so I can get more dmg in

Comments: 3

So I just started a CA account of Facebook...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm by Castel

just to kill time while my main toon's on MSpace take time to reload on stamina and energy.

Those bastards have greater content, easier gifting(and more of them), the gobbo emporium and other general guffery.
Still, I like the M_ one better for some reason, most likely due to the VK community.

Do any other VK'ers have accounts over there? I could not find any VK group. If I got any interest for …

Comments: 13

hall of stupid questions.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 am by grim29

where do i find zarevok's sword?

do you get battle points from raids?

anyone else feel free to ask questions. and thank you before hand to those that answer our questions.

Comments: 79

cant access MOB lists

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am by bogrog

You don't have permission to access /l/29H on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comments: 1

Account hacked, trying to figure it out

+7
Phillip
Death of Rats
[VK] Rob {CA}
kajira
SidVicious
Dave O
Splints
11 posters

Go down

Account hacked, trying to figure it out Empty Account hacked, trying to figure it out

Post  Splints Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:36 am

I'm really confused as to how this happened on Myspace. I got onto Castle Age to find that my display name had somehow changed. I looked at my stats and practically everything is gone. All my favor points and battle hearts were used. All of my heroes, land, and items sold. Money was completely gone, and a War of the Red Plains was started. Nothing else on my Myspace changed. Could the link I posted on Myspace for my Deathrune Seige allowed someone into my Castle Age account? Just want to avoid this in the future. Damn, goiong to take a long time to get everything back... Mad
Splints
Splints
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

http://www.myspace.com/splints

Back to top Go down

Account hacked, trying to figure it out Empty Re: Account hacked, trying to figure it out

Post  Dave O Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 am

Wow -- unbelievable! I hope that it takes more than a link to a battle to gain access to one's account. Whoever did this seemed to be pretty methodical -- dunno if a report to the devs could help get you back where you were or not -- if there is a security issue with their game, I am sure they would want to know. Good luck. Dave
Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Account hacked, trying to figure it out Empty Re: Account hacked, trying to figure it out

Post  SidVicious Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:24 am

I've heard about similar problems in other games, caused by a corrupted database and normally triggered by a new update... Didn't see anything new in CA though scratch

SidVicious
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  kajira Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:58 am

Yes, Splints. That's what happened, I can tell you from experience. As I don't have a dastardly, "What can I do to screw this person totally unknown to me but seems like a great guy?" type of mind, it never crossed said mind to bring this to anyone's attention.

Yesterday afternoon I was again flush with cash. Having refilled my FP account, I was looking for battles. For some reason I've not addressed 'til now, the Magical Monster List was not, and still is not, working for me. So I started going through the "help with battle" threads. I wanted a DRS badly, and found yours.

When I clicked on the link, I immediately went to battle. I stopped to check my stamina, and then noticed a General I did not recognize, and a stamina number that made no sense. I made another attack and looked again, then started actually SEEing what it was that was there. I had somehow gotten into YOUR account, and my attacks were counting for YOU. My name was not on the attacker list at all.

"I have no clue how this happened," said I to myself. I closed it out and went back to the thread where you'd posted your link. Clicked on it again. Got the same thing. I then just closed it out and forgot about it.

Until now. And I feel SO BAD for not saying anything about it preventatively. PEOPLE ARE SHIT SOMETIMES and this is one of the times.

I'm not techie enough to tell you how it happened, what was wrong with your link. I'm only here to say, "Yes, that's what happened." Please forgive me for not suspecting horribleness coming your way. I just don't think like that. I'm old, and naive at the same time.

It won't help, but *cyber hugs* Sad
kajira
kajira
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Rob {CA} Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:00 pm

wow, sorry to hear that. i would contact the devs and let them know what happened.
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK] Rob {CA}
VKronic King
VKronic King

http://www.myspace.com/painisjustagame

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:28 pm

kajira wrote:Yes, Splints. That's what happened, I can tell you from experience. As I don't have a dastardly, "What can I do to screw this person totally unknown to me but seems like a great guy?" type of mind, it never crossed said mind to bring this to anyone's attention.

Yesterday afternoon I was again flush with cash. Having refilled my FP account, I was looking for battles. For some reason I've not addressed 'til now, the Magical Monster List was not, and still is not, working for me. So I started going through the "help with battle" threads. I wanted a DRS badly, and found yours.

When I clicked on the link, I immediately went to battle. I stopped to check my stamina, and then noticed a General I did not recognize, and a stamina number that made no sense. I made another attack and looked again, then started actually SEEing what it was that was there. I had somehow gotten into YOUR account, and my attacks were counting for YOU. My name was not on the attacker list at all.

"I have no clue how this happened," said I to myself. I closed it out and went back to the thread where you'd posted your link. Clicked on it again. Got the same thing. I then just closed it out and forgot about it.

Until now. And I feel SO BAD for not saying anything about it preventatively. PEOPLE ARE SHIT SOMETIMES and this is one of the times.

I'm not techie enough to tell you how it happened, what was wrong with your link. I'm only here to say, "Yes, that's what happened." Please forgive me for not suspecting horribleness coming your way. I just don't think like that. I'm old, and naive at the same time.

It won't help, but *cyber hugs* Sad

Wow. That's weird and crazy. I'd be interested in seeing that link to see if there was something different about it. Normal CTA links should not do that.
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

http://www.valerianknights.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kajira Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm

As of yesterday afternoon (Pacific time), it was the last (the longer one) link in the DRS help thread. Splints shared one shorter that, IIRC, didn't really work, then posted a longer link. I just clicked on that. Haven't checked to see if it's still there, but that's where I found it. HTH!

Either I was totally wrong about that, or Splints deleted his messages. I don't know where else to look for it. I know there's a Bahamut link posted in a weird place, but I don't think Splints' were. As of this moment, although it won't help DoR figure it out, I hope the messages have been deleted -- just for my sanity. Embarassed
kajira
kajira
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Ok. Found it. It was in the DL thread. That's why you couldn't find it. You're not going crazy.

It was most definitely NOT a normal CTA link. It looks like a log-in link. So, Splints wasn't really hacked, but rather posted the link to log directly into his account. (Didn't even realize you could do that!)

All regular game links take a particular form: http://valerianknight.narutorpg.org/valerian-armory-f5/msca-link-templates-t123.htm
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phillip Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:39 pm

My son got hacked in WOW once. They sold all his equipment and put a dress on him.

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Splints Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:04 pm

I have no idea how I created that link. I posted a similar one on the bulletin page on Myspace, someone probably used that one and decided to have crappy fun with my character. I deleted my Myspace posting with the link, hopefully that prevents that from happening again. I need to read up on how to make the right one next time! The weird thing with Myspace and raids confuses me. I'll just have to rebuild and get a few favor point to change my name from [VK] d,i.c.k.licker Rolling Eyes

Thanks Kajira Smile Don't worry about not warning me sooner, I put up the wrong link to let someone in, I've learned and will get back to where I was. Thanks to everyone else for the advice and concern. I did email Brian, I just clicked report a problem and got him, is that the right person? Hopefully they will at least let me change my name, that's the worst part.
Splints
Splints
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Best way to contact the Developers is via email: ms.castleage@gmail.com

Whoever changed your name was not very mature.
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave O Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:04 am

Death of Rats wrote:Ok. Found it. It was in the DL thread. That's why you couldn't find it. You're not going crazy.

It was most definitely NOT a normal CTA link. It looks like a log-in link. So, Splints wasn't really hacked, but rather posted the link to log directly into his account. (Didn't even realize you could do that!)

All regular game links take a particular form: http://valerianknight.narutorpg.org/valerian-armory-f5/msca-link-templates-t123.htm

This is VERY SCARY! So anyone with my ID can log into my CA account if they know how to build the link? The devs better fix this ASAP or there will be a lot of grieving.
Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Splints Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 am

Thanks DOR! I'll send one that way!
Splints
Splints
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  bogrog1 Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 pm

yep im in his deathrune siege his names been changed to Dicklicker

bogrog1

Back to top Go down

Account hacked, trying to figure it out Empty tool up

Post  bogrog Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 pm

[VK] d,i.c.k.licker's Army of 467 fought with

Heroes x23Soldiers x366Weapons x257Equipment x467Magic x144
You need more soldiers and weapons man

bogrog
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:43 pm

I suggest Commander Battle Plates, Champion's Auras, and Ornate War Axes. And Barbarian Captains. A little costly for some of them, but my invasive force is better with them Very Happy

Somebody
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

http://myspace.com/christopher_strife

Back to top Go down

Post  Splints Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 am

Thanks for the suggestions Bogrog and Somebody! I used to have plenty of equipment and soldiers before some A-hole sold all off my stuff and lands. Had to practically start over. Trying to build my income back up as well as everything else, but wanted to keep going on my siege. Thanks for everyone's help on it's success!
Splints
Splints
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave O Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:19 am

Splints wrote:Thanks for the suggestions Bogrog and Somebody! I used to have plenty of equipment and soldiers before some A-hole sold all off my stuff and lands. Had to practically start over. Trying to build my income back up as well as everything else, but wanted to keep going on my siege. Thanks for everyone's help on it's success!

Good luck mate. The truly sad part in all of this, is that someone (not "Somebody") went to a great deal of effort to totally wreck your toon; a malicious act if there ever was one ... and it appears that same someone (again not "Somebody") got the corrupted link off of this forum. Sad
Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  kajira Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:47 pm

This is another of those "Twilight Zone" type things that happens in life. So bizarre!! I wish there were some way to pass EQ back and forth in the game. I'd really like to help you build, Splints, so you need anything, drop me a line and I'll do what I can.
kajira
kajira
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Splints Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:50 am

Thanks Kajira, I definately will Smile I truly believe that the person who did royaly screw me over got the corrupted link from my posting on my Myspace bulletin and was not someone on this forum.
Splints
Splints
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Account hacked, trying to figure it out Empty :O

Post  animenaruto786 Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:48 pm

I feel sorry for you man...

Shit... so that means anyone can log in w/ a link (i also didnt know that) so how the hell did that happened ... ... im affraid that someone might log in as me... so erm can some admin or someone lock or hide this topic from guest or everyone and DELETE any trace of how to use and make a corrupted link like that?

BTW~ is this problem still goin on or still tryin to be fixed or has the devs not even responded yet?

Last edited by animenaruto786 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDITTING OF ORGANIZATION)
animenaruto786
animenaruto786
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

https://www.facebook.com/animenaruto786

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:03 am

The link has been deleted for a month now. We're not sure how he got it, but the best way to protect yourself is to look at links before posting them, and to know what a proper link should look like.
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikel Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:52 am

Hey I just stumbled across another guy who's done this. Some guy going by 【★】₪.cooĸιe мonѕтer. He's in the icapattern raid, and I added a raid of his to the list. It was in fumbling around trying to make a raid link that he produced the thing. I'm trying to eliminate any trace of the thing now, but it might be in some nonlisted stuff so keep an eye out for that name posting a mini today.
Mikel
Mikel
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mateo420 Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Kajira,

Did you use Firefox as your browser when this happened? FF has loads of glitches in it that allow bypassing and getting into peoples accounts. I've seen it on many other apps as well.

Mateo420

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum