Valerian Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Beware the troll
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Wed May 10, 2017 11:53 pm by Trinity

» December to remember 2013.
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am by MrBrewskee

» Any idea or suggestion?
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

» Official SKAAR Help Thread
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am by Helas007

» Official ALPHA BAHAMUT Help Thread
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 am by Helas007

» Restaurant Day Wroclaw
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am by Helas007

» The King Maker
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am by Helas007

» Festival Games
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am by Helas007

» Purchase Links for Generals from the Oracle
vanquish vs barbarus I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am by Helas007

Any idea or suggestion?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

I am Helas, I don't know is this is a correct place to post my question here.

I am in Ontario, Canada and living here in a rental apartment. I am looking for a good place to build my new home. If anyone here from Canada please give me any suggestion. Thanks.

Home Builders in Brisbane

Comments: 0

My Little Intro.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm by Helas007

Hello to all,
         I'm new here at this community. I learned about this from a friend. I think I needed to let out my feelings and I hope a lot here can help me out so I joined this community. I hope it will be nice to meet you all. Thanks.

Comments: 0

Death of MSCA???

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 am by MrBrewskee

Good day friends this is your ever loving Mr.Brewskee. The end of the year is drawing to a close. Very Happy Very Happy I have heard rumors that myspace is rolling out with a new format and myspace castle age may die as a result. Most members already know of the lack of support from phoenix age to update code and add new content. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I really think this might be the end of MSCA. If thats the case …

Comments: 2

Magical Monster List site Down?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 am by The Sandmann

Does anyone know if we have an alternate Magical Monster list? When I access the multi-url Magical Monster list I get the "account has been suspended" page. If someone has suggestions I am all ears, I dont want to start any monsters if I cant list them.

Comments: 7

Greetings VK

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:19 am by kobo

Kobo here, moving in. G'day DoR, VK and everyone! You can come back and play it now Very Happy

I need to get an add link sorted. I'll have a read around and see what info I can pick up. I do have the links from DoR's sig on the other forums. If there's anything I need to know please hook me up with a link etc.

Cheers.

Comments: 3

Slow Kills

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm by The Great Rider

hey folks I'd like to slow kill Matthew's War of the Red Plains. can you remove the click link plz so I can get more dmg in

Comments: 3

So I just started a CA account of Facebook...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm by Castel

just to kill time while my main toon's on MSpace take time to reload on stamina and energy.

Those bastards have greater content, easier gifting(and more of them), the gobbo emporium and other general guffery.
Still, I like the M_ one better for some reason, most likely due to the VK community.

Do any other VK'ers have accounts over there? I could not find any VK group. If I got any interest for …

Comments: 13

hall of stupid questions.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 am by grim29

where do i find zarevok's sword?

do you get battle points from raids?

anyone else feel free to ask questions. and thank you before hand to those that answer our questions.

Comments: 79

cant access MOB lists

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am by bogrog

You don't have permission to access /l/29H on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comments: 1

vanquish vs barbarus

+5
[VK] CA-Nate
Mikel
MrBrewskee
musclegray222384
grim29
9 posters

Go down

vanquish vs barbarus Empty vanquish vs barbarus

Post  grim29 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:07 pm

as a monster hunter with no equipment which is the best vanquish or barbarus? or is there a better general for monster hunting available from the oracle?
grim29
grim29

Back to top Go down

vanquish vs barbarus Empty Re: vanquish vs barbarus

Post  musclegray222384 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 pm

grim29 wrote:as a monster hunter with no equipment which is the best vanquish or barbarus? or is there a better general for monster hunting available from the oracle?
barbarus is oracle general
musclegray222384
musclegray222384
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

http://www.myspace.com/musclegray222384242526

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrewskee Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:16 pm

as a monster hunter with no equipment which is the best vanquish or barbarus? or is there a better general for monster hunting available from the oracle?

In my opinion it really depends on what type of monster you want to fight. If you fighting a monster that has the party using energy in some sort of lifebar then barbarus is you better bet due to the fact you can do more damage with less number of clicks thus reducing the number of hits to the party life bar.
If you are looking for better damage on a monster then I tend to score better per single hit with vanquish.
You are most likely asking for a single answer then barbarus is the winner in my book lots more application of uses with the least amount of drawback between the two heros. Anyone else care to comment then plz do do Smile
MrBrewskee
MrBrewskee
VKeg
VKeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikel Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:59 am

There can be little doubt that Barbarus is very useful vs. counter-effect causing monsters. And simply failing to cause significant counter-effects requiring energy to counter, will make your monster hunting more energy efficient. And producing more damage than the counter effect is a more attainable goal for lower level profiles. Recognizing that I'd use Barbarus a lot, I invested the extra fp in his gear. But while that give me extra crits, and damage while using Barbarus, (and Barbarus crits can produce spectacular damage) it also increased my purchase cost from 30 fp to 105 fp. That's nearly 3 generals worth of fp. Due to purchasing those power up items, he's somewhat better for me than many others even on non counter effect producing monsters. Sparks has prepared a very useful couple of tables listing direct fp purchase, alchemy, and recruitment generals, NOT generals obtained through chests. Some of those have significantly higher values. http://valerianknight.narutorpg.org/valerian-armory-f5/hero-attack-defense-rankings-t18.htm You should look at those tables. Neither Barbarus nor Vanquish is at the top of those lists. Numerically speaking those at the top of the list should be the best. Kataan, and Kiera are acquisitions that you'll probably want to make as soon as possible. With the extra items, a level 4 Barbarus becomes slightly better than a lvl 4 Kataan without extra items, on attacks at least. There are many who contend that specific generals have "hidden" bonuses vs. specific monster types. I don't have any data to support or refute that however, so for now I file that under "rumor."
Mikel
Mikel
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] CA-Nate Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:31 pm

This is going to sound weird, but Zaverok is generally better than Vanquish for stamina based monsters.

Vanquish is not a particularly useful general, because she almost negates her positive effects with the negative ones. (Many monsters take attack and defense into account when calculating damage). The best thing to do is to try various generals on world monsters and keep track of their damage output, because it is suspected there is additional non-reported abilities (such as Zaverok vs Keira/Dragons).

In general though, it is not a big difference, maybe 1000 damage per hit at the most, so you can't go too wrong. I usually decide which hero to use by whoever has the highest chance to score a critical hit. If you have Terra, you can do some Genesis fights to get an item that grants her 1% extra chance to score a critical.
[VK] CA-Nate
[VK] CA-Nate
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

http://www.myspace.com/naht02

Back to top Go down

Post  Phillip Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:26 pm

I also use the Big Z on monters Smile

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK]†D-Man☢Overlord† Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:03 am

I seem to get alot of crit hits from Nautica
[VK]†D-Man☢Overlord†
[VK]†D-Man☢Overlord†
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 am

Without getting into any of the treasure chest generals, I recommend Barbarus versus any monster with a blue bar, Zarevok versus Keira and Dragons, and Kaiser versus Hydras.

Mike already describe the reasons Barbarus and Nate explained Zarevok.

Why Kaiser? Well, at level 4, Kaiser gets an extra 3% chance of critical hit. This is good on its own or you can increase that to a 4% chance by adding his magic (Backdraft). Even the epic chest general Lotus ony gives 4%, and there's no guarantee you can get her for 55 FPs (which is what it costs to buy Kaiser and the Backdraft).
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

http://www.valerianknights.com

Back to top Go down

vanquish vs barbarus Empty Barb vs Critical hits

Post  [VK] Cris Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:41 pm

I agree using Barb at the start of battles with defense or shield bars is best. But once Rag's shield is mostly gone or defense is up for a serpent I definitely switch to Kaiser or Slayer for the critical hits. Sure, the counter attack increases, but I (or someone else) usually have energy to spare to fix it. Lets me get more damage/defense in and hopefully, more loot.
[VK] Cris
[VK] Cris
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  voh Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:17 am

Vanquish is the best for monsters out of everyone that was named except for (Keira). Zarevok is the heroes special which Keira does not negate so the +20 attack helps a ton. The 4% criticals I do not think does anything special. I have Kaiser and he gets me a few criticals here and there (Artanis) actually gets me a lot of criticals. I also have Miri Bladebourne and her special is 10% criticals. I only used her when she's charged and I guess at least once out of 10 times i'll get a critical with her (I use 20 stamina attacks when i'm using her).

If your lucky enough to get someone like Xiri who does 25% of your defense into your attack (she gives +210 attack to my friend) then she would be the best for monsters. Rule of thumb it's not hard switching generals for attack/defense. I use serra silverlight for defending because she gives +25 defense but do not use her for attacks because she gives -25 attack. Corventhius gives the best defense if your lucky enough to get him, if your just using basic heroes them Dante is the best for defense. He gives +23 defense with his shield. Out of regular heroes (no chests or oracles) Vanquish is the best for attacking every monster except Keira (which Zarevok would be the best for Keira) and Dante is the best for defense. Use on general for energy, then switch for stamina attacks to the other.

voh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum