Valerian Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Beware the troll
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Wed May 10, 2017 11:53 pm by Trinity

» December to remember 2013.
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am by MrBrewskee

» Any idea or suggestion?
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

» Official SKAAR Help Thread
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am by Helas007

» Official ALPHA BAHAMUT Help Thread
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 am by Helas007

» Restaurant Day Wroclaw
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am by Helas007

» The King Maker
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am by Helas007

» Festival Games
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am by Helas007

» Purchase Links for Generals from the Oracle
Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am by Helas007

Any idea or suggestion?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

I am Helas, I don't know is this is a correct place to post my question here.

I am in Ontario, Canada and living here in a rental apartment. I am looking for a good place to build my new home. If anyone here from Canada please give me any suggestion. Thanks.

Home Builders in Brisbane

Comments: 0

My Little Intro.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm by Helas007

Hello to all,
         I'm new here at this community. I learned about this from a friend. I think I needed to let out my feelings and I hope a lot here can help me out so I joined this community. I hope it will be nice to meet you all. Thanks.

Comments: 0

Death of MSCA???

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 am by MrBrewskee

Good day friends this is your ever loving Mr.Brewskee. The end of the year is drawing to a close. Very Happy Very Happy I have heard rumors that myspace is rolling out with a new format and myspace castle age may die as a result. Most members already know of the lack of support from phoenix age to update code and add new content. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I really think this might be the end of MSCA. If thats the case …

Comments: 2

Magical Monster List site Down?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 am by The Sandmann

Does anyone know if we have an alternate Magical Monster list? When I access the multi-url Magical Monster list I get the "account has been suspended" page. If someone has suggestions I am all ears, I dont want to start any monsters if I cant list them.

Comments: 7

Greetings VK

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:19 am by kobo

Kobo here, moving in. G'day DoR, VK and everyone! You can come back and play it now Very Happy

I need to get an add link sorted. I'll have a read around and see what info I can pick up. I do have the links from DoR's sig on the other forums. If there's anything I need to know please hook me up with a link etc.

Cheers.

Comments: 3

Slow Kills

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm by The Great Rider

hey folks I'd like to slow kill Matthew's War of the Red Plains. can you remove the click link plz so I can get more dmg in

Comments: 3

So I just started a CA account of Facebook...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm by Castel

just to kill time while my main toon's on MSpace take time to reload on stamina and energy.

Those bastards have greater content, easier gifting(and more of them), the gobbo emporium and other general guffery.
Still, I like the M_ one better for some reason, most likely due to the VK community.

Do any other VK'ers have accounts over there? I could not find any VK group. If I got any interest for …

Comments: 13

hall of stupid questions.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 am by grim29

where do i find zarevok's sword?

do you get battle points from raids?

anyone else feel free to ask questions. and thank you before hand to those that answer our questions.

Comments: 79

cant access MOB lists

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am by bogrog

You don't have permission to access /l/29H on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comments: 1

Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises

+6
MrBrewskee
Kaine333
Dave O
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK]†D-Man☢Overlord†
Phillip
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  Empty Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises

Post  Phillip Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises

I do not list super heroes- Spiderman, Batman as true Sci-fi. To make the list, you have to have at least one TV show and one movie. A cartoon series will count as a TV show. Must be able to stand the test of time and be able to come back every few years. I have rated them in my order. Let the debate begin!

1. Star Trek- 7 movies, 5 TV shows and 1 cartoon. The little show that could. Fan support saved the original show for one more season and syndication made it a legend. With the ability to reinvent itself and never getting too full of its self- Star Trek is #1.

2. Star Wars- SW 1 or 4- maybe the most fun Sci-fi movie in history. The introduction of Darth early in the movie- classic. 6 movies and 1 cartoon and an Ewok Special. The early movies appealed to the kid inside of us. The later three movies seemed to appeal straight to kids. The first three movies are classics, the last three a little too kiddy or arrogant.

3. Dr Who- longevity! The ability to write out/in any actor/actress and the show never missing a beat. The original run of the show- never got stale because of this dynamic. Numerous lead actors, a couple movies and some TV movies.

4. Battlestar Gallatica- 2 series and the original pilot was released as a movie. With the re-imamaging of Battlestar on the Sci-fi channel, this franchise took off. Made use of new forms of communications to promote itself. Better than the original series

5. Planet of the Apes- 6 movies, 1 series and possibility one cartoon. The original movie- some of the most iconic movie moments of the 60s. The original series of movies addressed problems they faced in the 60s and that we still have trouble with today.

Outside Looking In

Terminator- 3 or 4 movies and 1 TV show. Needs another break through movie to get into the top 5.

Stargate- 1 movie and several series. Needs another break through event.

Alien- Does it deserve to be in the top 5?

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  Empty Re: Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises

Post  [VK]†D-Man☢Overlord† Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:14 am

How could you leave out Robotech?

[VK]†D-Man☢Overlord†
[VK]†D-Man☢Overlord†
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Rob {CA} Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:12 am

Godzilla! 29 movies (including another American remake slated for 2012), video games, comic books, a few TV series, cartoons, and much more.

Wish they would have made the fight better, but what can you expect from a Japanese director who hates the American Godzilla.

Last edited by [VK] Rob {CA} on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK] Rob {CA}
VKronic King
VKronic King

http://www.myspace.com/painisjustagame

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave O Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Godzilla gets my vote -- classic.

Star Trek at #2.

Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Phillip Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:46 pm

I just dont think Godzilla measures up. I posted this same post in another forum...and there were Godzilla lovers there too. To me Godzilla has been more of a joke than adding anything significant. Just my opinion

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine333 Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:48 am

Personally, I'd put Alien in the top 5 along with Predator. Those two have spawned any TV series but they've done a bunch of awesome comics and videogames.

Star Wars also had 2 Ewok spin-off movies that focused on Wicket.
Kaine333
Kaine333
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK]†D-Man☢Overlord† Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:53 am

Kaine333 wrote:Personally, I'd put Alien in the top 5 along with Predator. Those two have spawned any TV series but they've done a bunch of awesome comics and videogames.

Did you know that the Ewok "Wicket", also was the main character in the movie Willow?
[VK]†D-Man☢Overlord†
[VK]†D-Man☢Overlord†
VK-Warlord
VK-Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Rob {CA} Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm

[VK]†D-Man☢Warlord† wrote:
Kaine333 wrote:Personally, I'd put Alien in the top 5 along with Predator. Those two have spawned any TV series but they've done a bunch of awesome comics and videogames.

Did you know that the Ewok "Wicket", also was the main character in the movie Willow?

He's been in ALOT of movies. he was the main character in the Leprechaun series too as.... the leprechaun.
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK] Rob {CA}
VKronic King
VKronic King

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave O Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:41 pm

Phillip wrote:I just dont think Godzilla measures up. I posted this same post in another forum...and there were Godzilla lovers there too. To me Godzilla has been more of a joke than adding anything significant. Just my opinion

Not sure what yardstick you are using, but 28 movies, starting in 1954 (over 50 years ago!) and they are still making more -- numerous video games, novels, comic books and television series -- iconic.
Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Phillip Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:40 am

Looks like I'm on the ouside of the godzilla debate....29 movies is hard to beat. but you still have to look at quality vs quantity. Do the Godzilla movies stand the test of time? Two Japanese dudes wearing rubber suits and wrestling around in balsa wood towns--is this quality?

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises  Empty My Yard Stick

Post  Phillip Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:52 am

Franchise by definition would be more than 1. For the purposes of this thread- should be more than 1 movie or televison show. So Blade Runner and Close Encounters of the Third Kind would be disqualified currently. I think you have to weigh several factors such as but not limited to the following: Profitability, Social Impact, Staying Power, Returning back, reinventing itself, staying relavent, merchandising, multiple revenue streams, multiple media outlets(books,comics,web, etc) and hotness of the female eye candy.

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave O Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 am

Phillip wrote:Looks like I'm on the ouside of the godzilla debate....29 movies is hard to beat. but you still have to look at quality vs quantity. Do the Godzilla movies stand the test of time? Two Japanese dudes wearing rubber suits and wrestling around in balsa wood towns--is this quality?

LOL

Quality? This was Japan in 1954 ... Razz

As far as the "test of time" -- I still enjoy an old late night Godzilla flick!

And honestly, only "Wrath of Kahn" of the Star Trek movies was worth watching a second time in my opinion. The Original TV series though -- yeah, still watch those too. Smile
Dave O
Dave O
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine333 Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 am

I still love watching the old Godzilla movies. I think they're way better than that one from 1998 even though the FX aren't as good.

Would John Carpenter's The Thing count? Personally, it's one of my all time favorite movies and even though it was made in '82, it's FX still rival, or i many cases, beat those of movies made today. It's also spawned 1 videogame, and if you count everything related to it, it has a novella. Though in this case, the novella spawned the movie.
Kaine333
Kaine333
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrewskee Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:28 am

Since we are talking giant lizards lest we forget one huge ape also that trashed ny and a few other things as well. he goes by the name King Kong. You want longgevity cant get to much older than his first film in 1933. farao the etst of time well the franchise and movie remakes will speak for that. Come on admit it you all were having mario jump over them barrels I know I did. Suspect Suspect
MrBrewskee
MrBrewskee
VKeg
VKeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Lady Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:02 am

Babylon 5 - has 5 series, Movies include.. The Gathering.. In the Beginning.. Thirdspace.. The River of Souls.. A Call to Arms.. The Lost Tales.. plus there was spinoff 'Crusade' which lasted for a season. There was meant to be another spinoff called 'Legend of the Rangers' but they made it into a movie instead.

Stargate - SG1, Atlantis + Stargate Universe + Infinity, plus 3 movies.. Stargate, Stargate Continuim + Stargate Orb of Truth.

Startrek - Original Series, Animated, Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager + Enterprise, plus was it only 11 movies (Motion Picture.. Wrath of Khan.. Search for Spock.. Voyage Home.. Final Frontier.. Undiscovered Country.. Generations.. First Contact.. Insurrection.. Nemesis.. Star Trek.. plus there's an as yet untitled movie due out on Jun 29th 2012

Why hasn't anyone included X-Files.. 9 seasons, the Lone Gunmen was the spinoff. Movies The X-files + I want to Believe. (I'm waiting for Supernatural to make a few movies because it's got the potential to go just as far given time).

Being an Aussie I want to include Farscape. It had 4 seasons plus a movie called Peacekeeper Wars.

Would never argue about Battlestar Galactica or Dr Who which has the spin off Torchwood. Used to love Godzilla when I was a kid, but that was a lifetime ago!
Celtic Lady
Celtic Lady
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Mama Dragon Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Star Trek absolutely #1. (we'll just forget about that first movie)

Anyone remember Logan's Run?
[VK] Mama Dragon
[VK] Mama Dragon
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Lady Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:46 pm

I remember Logan's Run, used to watch it everytime it came on TV.. Like 'The Island' better these days as it's along the same basis.
Celtic Lady
Celtic Lady
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:38 am

Celtic Lady wrote:Would never argue about Battlestar Galactica or Dr Who which has the spin off Torchwood. Used to love Godzilla when I was a kid, but that was a lifetime ago!

The Sarah Jane Adventures was a Dr Who spin off too.

I married a Brit so he could translate for me. Laughing
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

http://www.valerianknights.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Mama Dragon Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:19 am

Not that this is sci-fi, but I was flipping through the channels I pay WAY too much for for too many channels that have nothing good on them and saw an episode of an old Hardy Boys Mystery. It was one of those "had to go back to the channel" things to make sure I actually saw what I saw. lol

And Godzilla.. black and white picture. It came on every Sunday afternoon.
[VK] Mama Dragon
[VK] Mama Dragon
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Phillip Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Logan's Run had a series also- lasted for 1 year. A remake of the movie is scheduled in 2012

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Mama Dragon Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:02 pm

I'd like to see a movie remake but I'm a bit leery after dishing out moolah to see the remake of Clash of the Titans. HORRID!

But yeah, only 1 season of Logan's Run. It seemed all the sci-fi shows I loved got cancelled.
[VK] Mama Dragon
[VK] Mama Dragon
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Lady Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:38 am

I really liked the Dresden Files + Firefly although they both only lasted a season.
Celtic Lady
Celtic Lady
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Phillip Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:08 am

Anyone ever remember seeing Quark?

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Rob {CA} Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 am

anyone watched V? originally a 2 part tv movie in 1983, a 3 part sequal in 1984, a tv series from 1984-85, 18 novels, a comic book series, a video game, a japanese manga series, and the new series came out last year with the second season of the new series scheduled to start in November. i grew up watching the original series so i was excited when i heard about the remake. alot of people didn't like the first season of the remake for alot of reasons: they didn't see what the visitors actually look like, the story is too slow, and other reasons but i say screw them. the first season was setting up for a helluva second season. i mean come on, the last episode of the new series shows Anna starting to feel human emotions (sadness and hate when Erica destroyed her "hatchery" and killed all her babies), and hundreds if not thousands more motherships heading toward Earth. if that's not a set up for a kick ass second season then i don't know what is.
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK] Rob {CA}
VKronic King
VKronic King

Back to top Go down

Post  Phillip Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:20 pm

I like V the second series alot! I only thought there was one bad episode.....Peace Always!

Phillip
VK-Knight
VK-Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum