Valerian Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Beware the troll
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Wed May 10, 2017 11:53 pm by Trinity

» December to remember 2013.
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am by MrBrewskee

» Any idea or suggestion?
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

» Official SKAAR Help Thread
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am by Helas007

» Official ALPHA BAHAMUT Help Thread
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 am by Helas007

» Restaurant Day Wroclaw
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am by Helas007

» The King Maker
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am by Helas007

» Festival Games
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am by Helas007

» Purchase Links for Generals from the Oracle
Chests or Sure bets? I_icon11Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am by Helas007

Any idea or suggestion?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am by Helas007

I am Helas, I don't know is this is a correct place to post my question here.

I am in Ontario, Canada and living here in a rental apartment. I am looking for a good place to build my new home. If anyone here from Canada please give me any suggestion. Thanks.

Home Builders in Brisbane

Comments: 0

My Little Intro.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm by Helas007

Hello to all,
         I'm new here at this community. I learned about this from a friend. I think I needed to let out my feelings and I hope a lot here can help me out so I joined this community. I hope it will be nice to meet you all. Thanks.

Comments: 0

Death of MSCA???

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 am by MrBrewskee

Good day friends this is your ever loving Mr.Brewskee. The end of the year is drawing to a close. Very Happy Very Happy I have heard rumors that myspace is rolling out with a new format and myspace castle age may die as a result. Most members already know of the lack of support from phoenix age to update code and add new content. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I really think this might be the end of MSCA. If thats the case …

Comments: 2

Magical Monster List site Down?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 am by The Sandmann

Does anyone know if we have an alternate Magical Monster list? When I access the multi-url Magical Monster list I get the "account has been suspended" page. If someone has suggestions I am all ears, I dont want to start any monsters if I cant list them.

Comments: 7

Greetings VK

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:19 am by kobo

Kobo here, moving in. G'day DoR, VK and everyone! You can come back and play it now Very Happy

I need to get an add link sorted. I'll have a read around and see what info I can pick up. I do have the links from DoR's sig on the other forums. If there's anything I need to know please hook me up with a link etc.

Cheers.

Comments: 3

Slow Kills

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm by The Great Rider

hey folks I'd like to slow kill Matthew's War of the Red Plains. can you remove the click link plz so I can get more dmg in

Comments: 3

So I just started a CA account of Facebook...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm by Castel

just to kill time while my main toon's on MSpace take time to reload on stamina and energy.

Those bastards have greater content, easier gifting(and more of them), the gobbo emporium and other general guffery.
Still, I like the M_ one better for some reason, most likely due to the VK community.

Do any other VK'ers have accounts over there? I could not find any VK group. If I got any interest for …

Comments: 13

hall of stupid questions.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 am by grim29

where do i find zarevok's sword?

do you get battle points from raids?

anyone else feel free to ask questions. and thank you before hand to those that answer our questions.

Comments: 79

cant access MOB lists

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am by bogrog

You don't have permission to access /l/29H on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comments: 1

Chests or Sure bets?

5 posters

Go down

Chests or Sure bets? Empty Chests or Sure bets?

Post  Death of Rats Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:26 am

Wrote this up to answer some questions someone had, and thought I'd post it here too.

Regarding buying Treasure Chests. Really it depends on what one has the general(s) you most desire. A word of caution though, if you seek to get an Epic General, remember that you only have a 5% chance of getting an Epic, and only a 1.25% chance of getting a specific Epic General. I suggest playing with this simulator first: http://www.defyeler.com/ca/chests/onslaught_chest.php

If you have not invested in certain Oracle Offer Generals, your Favor Points may be better invested that way. Each of these Generals costs 30 Favor Points. They are sure bets. Top recommended (but not in a specific order):

1) Barbarus [18 Attack/15 Defense]: Increases Cost and Damage of Power Attacks/Fortify by 3x @ lvl 4
-Recommended for use attacking on any monster battle with a blue fortify/dispel/heal bar. How it works: When you click the 5 stamina button, you use 15 stamina (hitting for 3 times the damage), but the monster only retaliates with 1 times the damage, Using Barbarus results in a third less damage to the blue bar.
-Optional: His Wrathbringer Helm will give +1% critical strike chance when Barbarus is your active general.

2) Kaiser [17 Attack/16 Defense]: Increases chance to land a critical hit on a monster by 3% @ level 4
-Recommended for use on Hydras and Lotus.
-Optional: His Backdraft magic will give +1% critical strike chance increasing you critical chance by 4% with Kaiser as your active general.

3) Adrianna [16 Attack/18 Defense]: -3 Defense to Opposing War Council @ lvl 4
-Recommended for War battles and for War of the Red Plains when using Tactics.

4) Godric [17 Attack/17 Defense]: +20 Max Energy @ lvl 4
-Receommend to equip just before leveling up so that you start the new level with an extra 20 energy (will help you reach your next level faster).

5) Scarlett [17 Attack/17 Defense]: +6% Income/hour @ level 4
-Recommended to be left up while you are not playing so that income acrues faster.

You can find the links for purchasing these generals at http://valerianknight.narutorpg.org/valerian-armory-f5/purchase-links-for-generals-from-the-oracle-t6.htm
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

http://www.valerianknights.com

Back to top Go down

Chests or Sure bets? Empty Re: Chests or Sure bets?

Post  Mikel Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:50 am

I just had to tussle with this very question. As some of you will be aware snow's gone after serpent fp farming with some gusto and I hitched along for the ride there for a little bit. I had planned on going for some chest 3-packs, but decided to go for the very same heroes that you list that I didn't already have. I decided that until I had significantly more generals the abilities based off of hero quantity just weren't sufficient for me to use those heroes. Therefore higher stats and specific special abilities that I'd actually use were more significant. The "transformers," always take more than they give. It's why Vanquish isn't necessarily a super general. Now I suppose I ought to trick out Kaiser. Uggh. Just what I need, another 105 fp general like Barbarus.
Mikel
Mikel
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikel Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 am

Just to indulge my curiosity I ran the simulator using the 3-pack button for a while and tracked how many fp I needed to spend before I got all the epic generals.

Trial 1: 3,760 favor points
Trial 2: 3,820 favor points
Trial 3: 2,760 favor points
Trial 4: 1,060 favor points
Trial 5: 1,630 favor points

Allright, now in all of these there were lots of replications so refunds would have come to offset some of the above costs. But ignoring that, and assuming that our aspiring bad asses of the credit card want to go nuts on these, at the oracle the optimal exchange of real world money for in game favor points is $45 for 300 fp. So if you got the luckiest of my trials, at the previously listed increment you could buy them for 4 increments or $180. If you weren't so lucky and get something more like trial 2, then it'd be more like $585 in real world dollars. And this is just one of the three chest sets. I believe fb has an additional chest set (oblivion) which they'll probably migrate to squeeze a little more out of ca players in ms eventually.

In all of these things, people pay all kinds of attention to the shiny epic generals up on top. But pay attention to the common items, because most likely, with a 55% probability, that's what you'll end up with. Buyers remorse is a common side effect of chest acquisition. But like gamblers world wide, folks don't mention the true cost. They only mention the hits. They won't say "I had to buy over a hundred chests to get Azeron." They just say "I got Azriel."

And bear in mind too, that you might get sick of this game and abandon it for some cool new app. Whoever owns the rights might just decide that it's not sufficiently profitable and shut it down. And perhaps most importantly, this is fantasy. It doesn't exist. The exchange of substantial real world value for a little bit of code, and a graphic . . . well, I wish you luck, you're going to need it.
Mikel
Mikel
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of Rats Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:05 am

Mikel wrote:Just to indulge my curiosity I ran the simulator using the 3-pack button for a while and tracked how many fp I needed to spend before I got all the epic generals.

Trial 1: 3,760 favor points
Trial 2: 3,820 favor points
Trial 3: 2,760 favor points
Trial 4: 1,060 favor points
Trial 5: 1,630 favor points

Allright, now in all of these there were lots of replications so refunds would have come to offset some of the above costs. But ignoring that, and assuming that our aspiring bad asses of the credit card want to go nuts on these, at the oracle the optimal exchange of real world money for in game favor points is $45 for 300 fp. So if you got the luckiest of my trials, at the previously listed increment you could buy them for 4 increments or $180. If you weren't so lucky and get something more like trial 2, then it'd be more like $585 in real world dollars. And this is just one of the three chest sets. I believe fb has an additional chest set (oblivion) which they'll probably migrate to squeeze a little more out of ca players in ms eventually.

In all of these things, people pay all kinds of attention to the shiny epic generals up on top. But pay attention to the common items, because most likely, with a 55% probability, that's what you'll end up with. Buyers remorse is a common side effect of chest acquisition. But like gamblers world wide, folks don't mention the true cost. They only mention the hits. They won't say "I had to buy over a hundred chests to get Azeron." They just say "I got Azriel."

And bear in mind too, that you might get sick of this game and abandon it for some cool new app. Whoever owns the rights might just decide that it's not sufficiently profitable and shut it down. And perhaps most importantly, this is fantasy. It doesn't exist. The exchange of substantial real world value for a little bit of code, and a graphic . . . well, I wish you luck, you're going to need it.

Pooh said the refunds for duplicates are part of the running totals, Still, crazy money.
Death of Rats
Death of Rats
VK-Diva
VK-Diva

http://www.valerianknights.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Rob {CA} Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:09 pm

the chests aren't too bad as long as you don't try to "clean them out". i've used the chests 2 times so far (gonna be 3 in 2 more favor points). first time, not too long after i started CA, i opened 1 Onslaught chest and got a Nightcraft Helm, i was pretty disappointed and left the chests alone for awhile. second time was just a week or so ago i noticed Alpha chests were only 55 FP to open 3, and i want Orc King, Stone Guardian and maybe Meph. so i open 3 and this time i got 2 generals, Tifanna and Artanis. not the ones i wanted but i was still happy. i'm gonna try another Alpha 3 pack soon and see what i get. as far as money goes, i haven't spent any real money on CA for reasons like Mikel stated. i make my FP by simply taking a week (or more) to do nothing but farm Ancient Reds. i've been keeping some statistics on the FP drops. one of my top payouts i did just over 245k damage on it, and the payout was 2 FP x3, i almost dropped a load in my pants when i saw it. i'll share all my findings on another thread when i finish my "research" and get it all organized into a nice chart.
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK] Rob {CA}
VKronic King
VKronic King

http://www.myspace.com/painisjustagame

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Rob {CA} Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:25 pm

just bought another 3 pack Alpha and got Savanna, Elven Blade and Crystal Rod. at least i got another general
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK] Rob {CA}
VKronic King
VKronic King

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikel Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Crystal Rod: 9/4 obtainable as a drop from Emerald sea serpent, emerald dragon, or alpha chest.
Elven Plate: (I'm assuming that's what you meant) 6/6 obtainable as a drop from Amethyst sea serpent, gold dragon, or alpha chest
Savannah (@lvl 4) 14/19 and increases invasion army size-- only available by alpha chest

You bought by 3-pack which, if you're going to do this at all, is probably the smartest way since it effectively reduces your cost from 20 to slightly more than 18 fp each. If you'd bought an individual chest and acquired either the crystal rod or the elven plate that way, you'd have probably been frustrated. If you don't have an invasion army expanding general, I suppose Savannah fills that role. But if you don't have the generals listed in dor's original post here then this fp purchase could have worked out better for you with the sure things.
Mikel
Mikel
VK-Lord
VK-Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Mariner Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:20 am

Dear DoR...

Nice posting for this matter....
As every new player would like to get this information for the general that would be great to choose for surety from Monthly Generals than gambling from the Chest....
( Unless they are CC Player who do not care about buying the FPs.... )

Laughing
Green Mariner
Green Mariner

Back to top Go down

Post  [VK] Rob {CA} Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 am

yea, i think i'm gonna go ahead and buy all the generals from the purchase links post before i go for chests again. out of 110 FP (2 Alpha 3-packs) i got 3 generals. could have saved those extra 20 fp toward my next general.

by Mikel on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Elven Plate: (I'm assuming that's what you meant) 6/6 obtainable as a drop from Amethyst sea serpent, gold dragon, or alpha chest

nah, the soldier Elven Blade http://castleage.wikidot.com/elven-blade
[VK] Rob {CA}
[VK] Rob {CA}
VKronic King
VKronic King

Back to top Go down

Post  Finite Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks for the info and all the reminders re the uncertainty of gambling.

The 25 FP I've got is very tempting but I just keep reminding myself of my first chest roll on FB: a golden fang. It was months before I gambled again, so this time I'm sticking to the sure thing.

I was thinking of saving up for Zin. I have her on FB and that 15 extra stamina a day is terrific. Her or Godric at any rate, then I'll save up for Barbie when I have enough ene/sta to use him.

Finite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum